Change of Mind Refund Policy
We want our customers to feel confident when buying Products from our Site. You can benefit from our 30-day refund guarantee in addition to your statutory rights or any additional supplier or manufacturer warranties which may be offered for the Product.
If, for any reason whatsoever, you are not satisfied with any Product delivered to you, we may offer you a full refund provided that:
- you return the Product within thirty (30) days of being delivered;
- the Product must be unused, in the original packaging with all tags and stickers still attached, in the merchandisable condition you purchased it in;
- you provide us with a satisfactory proof of purchase (such as the invoice,) and
- the Product is not an excluded product (see below).
This change of mind guarantee does not apply to the following:
- Gift cards or vouchers;
- Clearance items or goods sold as ‘seconds’;
- Made-to-order, personalised or monogrammed items;
- Products that we repair or replace under these T&C's; and
- Mattresses, bath mats, quilts, underblankets, pillows and toppers (for health and hygiene reasons).
We reserve the right to reject any returns that do not meet the above requirements.
- All Products must be returned new and unused, including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that were shipped with the Product. If the accessories are not included, only a partial refund will be applied.
- We will refund you the amount you paid, excluding the original delivery charges. Refunds will be processed the way you made your original purchase.
- If you return a purchase made by gift card or voucher, we will give you a store credit.
- This refund guarantee does not include the costs of return postage. You are responsible for the cost and the risk of returning the goods to us. We recommend that items are returned to us via courier or registered post to ensure that they are protected and insured during transit.
- If the returned Product does not meet the requirements of this policy, you will be responsible for the cost of the return of your goods to the postal address that you nominate.
- There will be a $25 return fee for change of mind returns for rugs.
To return an item due to a change of mind, you must follow our returns process. Please refer to ‘Organising the Return of Products’ below for more information.
Your entitlements to a refund, exchange, repair or credit are governed by the Australian Consumer Law and this change of mind guarantee is in addition to those rights.
You are entitled to the benefit of statutory consumer guarantees in respect of products purchased from us. Nothing in these T&C’s excludes the application of those guarantees. For more information about your rights as a consumer, see the Australian Consumer Law website at consumerlaw.gov.au.
If you believe a Product purchased from us:
- is damaged, faulty, unsafe or is not of acceptable quality
- is not fit for the specified purpose
- OR does not match the description given to the product
You may return it to us within a reasonable period after purchase. In the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged or faulty, you must also notify us as soon as possible.
Assessment of failure and entitlements
If a Product has a minor defect, we may provide a repair or offer you a replacement or a refund at our discretion. If a Product has a major defect, you are entitled, within a reasonable time after delivery, to:
- reject the goods and receive a refund;
- reject the goods and receive an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available to us; or
- keep the goods and receive compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem.
- If you are returning a faulty Product, please contact our Customer Service Team and provide your order number and a full detailed description of the problem. You may be required to provide supporting photographic evidence. Depending on the problem our Customer Service team will determine how best to resolve it with minimum inconvenience to you. To return an item, you must follow our returns process. Please refer to ‘Organising the Return of Products’ below for more information.
- Where during the preliminary assessment, we agree that a Product is defective and needs to be replaced or repaired, return shipping will be arranged at our expense. You are nevertheless entitled to recover reasonable postage costs if the product is confirmed to have a defect later. We recommend that items are returned to us via courier or registered post to ensure that they are protected and insured during transit. Please keep the receipts of any shipping costs you incur.
- Where possible, we will offer to repair Products that we accept are faulty. If we consider the Product is not repairable or the same product is not available, you are entitled to a full refund in the original tender. Our normal warranty for the Products supplied to you applies if they arrive damaged or inoperable.
- Products that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear, misuse, failure to take reasonable care or failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions are not considered to be faulty.
- If a Product is replaced, your replacement Product becomes your property and the returned Product becomes our property. When a refund is given, the returned Product becomes our property.
Many of our Products come with a guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer. Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions on or in the packaging, however nothing in those warranty terms and conditions excludes the application of the Consumer Guarantees that apply under the Australian Consumer Law, and our change of mind guarantee.
You may also be required to send us images of the damage to help us with our assessment. We will then contact the supplier to finalise your warranty claim. Please do not attempt to return an item before speaking to one of our specialists (as you may be responsible for associated expenses where your product is found not to be in breach of warranty).
Products that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear, misuse, failure to take reasonable care or failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions are not considered to be faulty.
Warranty on Mattresses
12 month warranty covers the following defects, provided that they arise or appear in circumstances in which you have handled, maintained, and used the Product only for its intended purpose and have not subjected it to conditions likely to cause deterioration or damage beyond normal wear:
- A visible indentation or sag greater than 2.5cm in the foam material. This refers to an indentation that is visible when no weight is applied to the top of the Product.
- Any physical flaw in the foam material that causes it to split or crack under conditions of normal household use and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the mattress cover such as the fabric tearing or stitching unravelling.
In addition, some degree of individualization of your mattress should be expected. Imperfections that do not prevent ordinary use and enjoyment of the Product by a reasonable person are not considered to be defects.
More specifically, this Limited Warranty excludes:
- minor imperfections and slight cosmetic flaws;
- normal wear and tear;
- tears, stains, soiling, burns, and discoloration that occur over time; and
- dampness or mould.
In addition, this Limited Warranty does not cover conditions resulting from abusive handling, misuse, or neglect.
Accordingly, the following circumstances, if discovered upon inspection, will void your Warranty:
- any unsanitary condition;
- use of the Product on an improper bed frame;
- physically abusing the Product;
- attempting to clean the Product in an inappropriate manner; and
- improper storage of the Product (including storage in damp locations, areas infected with insects or rodents, or any other unprotected storage areas).
At Global Retail Brands we understand that your pets sometimes have different ideas about taste and nutrition to you. Look at us, we don’t all eat the same food so why should we expect our furry friends to be any different. Therefore, if your dog or cat won’t eat their new food rest easy that Global Retail Brands is there to help you with our palatability guarantee. Under the palatability guarantee we offer a full refund of the food product purchase price on the conditions set out below. Simply get in touch with our friendly customer service team on 1300 136 936 and we will happily help you organise a return.
Under our palatability guarantee we will accept a return on your bag of food so long as:
- The unused food is returned in its original packaging;
- The food bag contains at least 50% of the original contents;
- The food bag is returned with proof of purchase;
- The food bag is returned at the customer’s cost; and
- The food bag is returned within 60 days of purchase.
This offer is valid for participating brands only, as listed below (current as of today’s date but subject to change at any time without prior notice).
Hills Science Diet, Royal Canin, Iams, Advance, Nutro, Taste of the Wild, Canidae, Holistic Select, Fish4Cats, Vets All Natural, Black Hawk, Ivory Coat, Fish4Dogs
Organising the Return of Products
Products must be returned whenever we agree to provide you with a refund or replace the Product or ask you to return the Product to us for inspection.
To return any item you purchase online for any reason you must arrange the return either by:
- return postage through Australia Post, or
- delivering it personally to your nearest MyHouse store.
Please contact our Customer Service Team to arrange a return request via one of the following methods:
- Toll Free:1300 136 936
- RETURN AUTHORISATION NUMBER (A Must Have) All returns sent to us via post must have a Return Authorisation (RA) number which you will need to obtain from us. This is required for replacement Products and refunds. After you have provided us with the required information, the Customer Service team will email you a PDF voucher containing the RA number, which you must print and affix to the Product prior to posting. The Product should be returned to us within 30 days of the issuance of the RA. Returns without an RA number will not be accepted. If you send us a Product without an RA, we may not able to identify sufficient details to enable us to attend to your claim. You will be notified by email once your return has been received and processed. Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender. Therefore please ensure all details are clear and concise.
- For change of mind returns, the Product must be returned new and unused, including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that were shipped with the Product. For all other returns, you must include all parts, accessories, documentation and packaging originally included with your item/s as far as possible (unless otherwise advised).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are protected from damage or loss in transit. Returns that are damaged or soiled in transit may not be accepted and may be sent back to you and/or a refund refused. We recommend paying for tracking or product insurance.
Where we agree to refund you for a Product the refund will be credited to your original method of payment.
Where we agree to replace a Product:
- A replacement for the Product that you ordered will be shipped to you at our expense after we have received your returned Product (does not apply to change of mind returns).
- The delivery time for the replacement Product will be the same as stated for the original Product.
- Replacement products are subject to the same warranties and consumer guarantees as the original product. However the change of mind guarantee will no longer apply.
Goods purchased from MyHouse Stores
Please refer to the In-Store Terms and Conditions for details about returning goods purchased in stores.